[sakai-pmc] Fwd: [GSoC Mentors Announce] Re: Now Accepting Applications for Mentoring Organizations for GSoC 2014

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Thu Feb 13 19:33:44 PST 2014

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 6:38 PM, Seth Theriault <slt at columbia.edu> wrote:

> I have contacted Carl Hall and plan to put some pages together
> tonight. If you have ideas about mentorable projects,  take a look at
> the 2013 ideas+etc page:
>
> https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/Google+Summer+of+Code+2013+ideas+list

OK, the 2014 page is up, but it needs a lot of help:

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/Google+Summer+of+Code+2014+ideas+list

Please note that I have exercised all "CLE" references and deleted the
"OAE" references.

In addition, we have these required questions to answer for the application:

- Why is your organization applying to participate in Google Summer of
Code 2014? What do you hope to gain by participating?

- How many potential mentors do you have for this year's program? What
criteria did you use to select them?

- What is your plan for dealing with disappearing students?

- What is your plan for dealing with disappearing mentors?

- What steps will you take to encourage students to interact with your
project's community before and during the program?

- What will you do to encourage your accepted students to stick with
the project after Google Summer of Code concludes?

I have the previous answers (which appear to have been the same
through the years) but they made be sort of weak and fresh ideas are
welcome. Keep in mind that we were not accepted last year.

If you can please hack away at this before 12 NOON, U.S. Eastern Time
tomorrow. *The application submission deadline is 1900 UTC (1400 U.S
EST).*

Seth