[sakai-pmc] Help on SAM-1943

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Mon Feb 10 05:11:59 PST 2014

[PMC and Sakai release team]

Hi,

This is probably more a Sakai release team question but maybe the PMC
has some guidance here would be appropriate.

This is a new question type for Samigo, Extended Matching Item, which
has been in production for about a year at UCT in Sakai 2.9 .

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-1943
https://crucible.sakaiproject.org/cru/SAKTRUNK-37

It is a large patch touching many files (upwards of 100 or so). Lydia
and Karen say that the patch does not have too many conflicts and they
would be willing to merge into trunk/Sakai 10. They point out that we
would need to have the patch tested, as well as make sure there are no
regressions in other parts of Sakai. My sense is that probably we will
need to do a full regression on Sakai 10 including Test and Quizzes as
well as other areas. I hope we will be able to bump up the QA testing
effort after we cut the branch, because we had good participation up
till now, but we need a lot more to have confidence in the release.

What do you think? Is this okay to get into Sakai 10 or for a later
release (either 10.x or Sakai 11)? It might make sense to go ahead an
add it now, if it seems like a good patch, since the issue of the
patch's size and the need for QA does not go away for a future release.
2 cents.

Thanks,
Neal

--