[sakai-pmc] Summary of today's Sakai Release team meeting

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri Feb 7 13:20:34 PST 2014

Hi Max,

One of the experienced branch managers gave me this information:

Branch Manager (minimal requirements)
- Use jira (and occasionally email/skype) to verify which issues are
necessary and appropriate to merge to the Maintenance Branch.
- Merge the issue. (If the merge isn't clean, contact the CLE Team for
assistance.)
- Set the Maintenance Branch's status field to "Resolved" and set the
Fix Version to the appropriate maintenance branch version.

Requires knowledge of jira, subversion. Ideally can perform minor
conflict resolution. Also ideally can attend the Thursday release call.

Average probably about 4 hours a week. (About 5 minutes per issue)

-- I am guessing we could also provide mentorship for this role, though
would want to confirm that before making any commitment :-) .
If you need more technical details or requirements we could probably
drill down a little. For example, merging issues implicitly means that a
strong command of Subversion (svn) and access to our subversion
repository is required. Not everyone is granted access to the subversion
repository but if you could have a good candidate, we would look into
it, of course. :-)

Thanks!
Neal

--