[sakai-pmc] Version 2 of the Lazy consensus proposal to branch Sakai 10

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri Feb 7 08:28:45 PST 2014

*Proposal*

Cut the Sakai 10 branch and create a QA03 tag for QA testing.

*Dependencies*
a) Complete the merging of contrib tools Delegated Access, Signup tool,
and Roster2 into core. Also include the dependencies of these tools,
Heirarchy and External Calendering Service contrib tools, into core.
b) Complete the setting of ElasticSearch as the default search tool for
Sakai
c) We need volunteers as branch managers or co-branch managers for Sakai
10. And if necessary revisit the volunteers for the Sakai 2.9 branch
management (which I think was Anthony W. and Sam O.).

*Rationale*

Our Sakai 10 schedule [1] had us completing this milestone by January
31, which has already passed. Not all the features we were hoping to get
in are ready [2], but  if we are to have a chance to get back on track
and meet our schedule targets, we cannot wait much longer.

This proposal comes from a recommendation of the folks who attended the
Sakai release team meeting on Thursday, February 6.

*Lazy Consensus*
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to comment.  +1 indicates approval
and silence indicates consent as well. While everyone's input is
encouraged, only a member of the PMC (Project Management Committee) can
block the proposal. All comments must be submitted by close of business
on Tuesday, February 11, 2014.

[1] Sakai 10 schedule -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/REL/Sakai+10+Release+Schedule+and+Scope

[2] Features which were targeted for Sakai 10 (not all may get in)
[2a] https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PMC/Decision+register
[2b] https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-24197

Thanks,
Neal