[sakai-pmc] Getting More Marketing Resources

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Mon Aug 18 07:44:42 PDT 2014

Josh,

I trimmed a tad from this note and moved the conversation to the sakai-pmc list to get wider input.

I like what you are describing below.  In the past, when we have tried to engage students to help us with marketing, we have not been too successful - I think that mostly the problems before were that we were asking too broad of questions and expecting an opinion on some question.

I think that this could work a lot better if we had more tangible artifacts that came out of the work.   One example that comes to mind is the 2008 Mozilla series of commercials - I think it was a contest  - they seem to do something like the from time to time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzcBJiBEYTo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19AM_NJoYWQ

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6cptd_mozilla-firefox-commercial_shortfilms

This would not have to be the only artifact white papers, case studies, etc etc would all be great artifacts.

I am happy to work with them.   This week is IMS in Ann Arbor week - I have some time but am mostly crazy.

/Chuck