[sakai-pmc] Status of new Sakai website

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Wed Apr 30 11:58:12 PDT 2014

inline below

> Sam Ottenhoff <mailto:ottenhoff at longsight.com>
> April 30, 2014 at 2:44 PM
>
>     After launch we will need to continue to work on making
>     incremental improvements. Much, much better than current site, imho.
>

> Okay, fantastic.  This is a big improvement.  Thanks to all involved.
>
> My follow-up questions:
>
> 1) Who is the point person for this site?  Who has ultimate
> responsibility for this site?  Neal is it you?
For now, please send your issues to me and I'll make sure that get onto
the queue for the web designer. We still need a maintenance plan for the
site.

> 2) What is the process for incremental improvements?  Do we send an
> email to Neal saying that
> http://www.sakaiproject.org/download-sakai-cle is broken?
That's fine for now. btw http://www.sakaiproject.org/download-sakai is
the correct link and is linked from http://www.sakaiproject.org/evaluate
. Did you find this link from somewhere else on the site? It's not the
page that is broken, but whatever is using that outdated "cle" url.

> 3) Who has permission to update content on this site?  Ian and Neal?
I think I do, but have not been. I'm not a web designer. I've been
passing issues on to the web designers.  I think they are looking into
leveraging things like RSS, which would be nice, so I/we can focus on
content.  I think we need an easy plan, and it would be nice if the
responsibility, at least for reviewing and getting content updated, if
not actually making the updates. could be distributed.

--
Neal Caidin
Sakai Community Coordinator
neal.caidin at apereo.org