[sakai-pmc] Discussions from today's Core team call

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Thu Apr 10 09:44:16 PDT 2014

[sakai-core-team and sakai-pmc]

Hi,

There were several discussions on today's call that I think are worth
mentioning. [1]

A feature, improvements to the account validator, that was identified as
in scope slipped through the cracks and now is going to be merged [5].
It may also help with testing of one of the security issues that need
verification.

QA06 - will proceed ASAP. However we are going to merge in some work
from an important ticket on cacheing [2]   . KNL-1226 took up the bulk
of our discussion today because it would be important changes to the
cacheing system, which is hard to test so it poses some risk to the 10.0
release. The consequence of not putting at least some of the work in, is
that certain API's might get used in 10, which shouldn't. If I am
understanding the status correctly, we are going to merge in some of the
API changes, without the changes that affect the cache structure, at
least for QA06. Please take a look at this ticket and a related ticket [3].

OSP - still having problems on the experimental server. Need to get
these fixed or workaround them so that OSP reverts can be tested.

Timeline - For a while we have been several weeks behind the baseline
schedule, as identified post-Apereo bootcamp [4] . Additional delays are
now coming into play, including the infrastructure issues (svn move and
related), OSP reverts, and based on where we are now with blockers,
backlog of issues needing qa testing, etc. , probably needing a QA07. So
it does appear that our schedule is slipping more, though we are still
hopeful of getting at least an RC01 out before the Open Apereo
conference, and getting the release out pre-conference still seems like
a possibility.

That being said, there is a lot of great work going on, with a number of
fixes being made and getting merged, and I'm starting to see an uptick
in qa testing participation again. The team is working hard to make this
a quality release.

[1] Etherpad notes - http://etherpad.ctools.org/rmmt-2014-04-10

[2] Cacheing ticket -  https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1226

[3] ticket relates to [2] - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1162

[4] Scope and schedule -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/REL/Sakai+10+Release+Schedule+and+Scope

[5] Feature being merged, improvements to account validator -

Any topic is open for discussion on list. I suggest that we make a
separate topic thread though, to make it simpler.

Thanks,
Neal

--
Neal Caidin