[sakai-pmc] Sakai support for better OOTB integration with uPortal

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Oct 9 07:19:28 PDT 2013

Looks like some old historical (1.x) way of naming things based on
celestial bodies. I'm happy with making the names make sense since we never
called it Charon portal to anybody anyway.

   - The protocol between the aggregation layer and the tools was cleaned
   up and fully documented.    The new default aggregator was called Charon
   and maintained the Varuna ability to use iFrames for portal integration.
   Sakai also shipped with a second portal called Mercury that was much
   simpler than Charon and intended for use by developers during tool
   development.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~csev/papers/2006/2006_07_arch_history_v02.doc<http://www-personal.umich.edu/~csev/papers/2006/2006_07_mellon_final_interim.pdf>