[sakai-pmc] [Building Sakai] Removing standalone modes for sections/gradebook

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Thu Nov 7 15:44:33 PST 2013

I strongly support removal. I've suffered quite a bit under this, having worked on gradebook integration with Samigo (double-whammy). But this is not about me -- this is about the fact that there is a lot of duplication and complexity in our code/build that does not appear at all useful.

A one-question survey widely circulated would give us feedback on whether anyone depends on this stuff, which I very highly doubt. I honestly wonder if any of it runs -- or just sneaks past the build. But, if someone does depend on it, we could have some quick thought on how to sever any dependencies on it and spin off a separate module. Maybe a profile, but my preference would be outside of the checkout entirely.

Thanks,
-Noah