[sakai-pmc] [Building Sakai] Sign up proposal for Sakai 10

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Thu Dec 19 18:48:21 PST 2013

Megan,

I will echo Matt's comments.   While I am not ecstatic about JSF or RSF, if a tool has been running for a long time using JSF, it would be a mistake to try a switch its UI framework just because we are moving it to core   The very reason we would consider promoting something is that it is stable, reliable and running in production lots of places (i.e. boring).

Honestly, if we were to request a rewrite, it might be a year before we could agree on the right UI framework to use :)  I like Portlets that use Velocity or JSP but I know there are many other opinions :)

For better or worse, we are stuck with JSF and RSF for a long time - a little more or less hardly matters.

/Chuck