[sakai-docs] Fwd: Sakai 10 online help documentation update

Venstra, Elizabeth erytting at iu.edu
Tue Apr 8 11:02:50 PDT 2014

Congratulations, all!

best,

Elizabeth Venstra
Knowledge Management team
Indiana University
erytting at iu.edu<mailto:erytting at iu.edu>
812-855-0459

From: sakai-docs-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org [mailto:sakai-docs-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org] On Behalf Of Wilma Hodges
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 11:56 AM
To: sakai-docs at collab.sakaiproject.org
Subject: [sakai-docs] Fwd: Sakai 10 online help documentation update

Hi All,

This message is a follow-up update on the status of the Sakai 10 Help. To date, the Documentation Work Group has completed 300 new help articles using the Screensteps collaborative authoring tool. The OSP documentation has also been incorporated into Screensteps, adding another 90 articles to the total documentation set. Many thanks to our dedicated planning team members and the group of ten authors who helped to create the content.

All of the new documentation has been exported to HTML and Sam Ottenhoff is working importing it into the Sakai 10 Online Help Tool. PDF versions of the Instructor, Student, and OSP user guides will also be included in the Online Help for users to download if they wish. The newly imported Online Help will be committed to trunk soon. In the meantime, you can preview the documentation on the Apereo Screensteps site: https://sakai.screenstepslive.com/

Additional documentation development is ongoing, and we welcome your input. We currently plan to add an Administrator guide, as well as help for additional Contrib tools and translations for other languages. We are looking for volunteers to assist with those efforts, so if you would like to get involved, please let us know!

Willma

Wilma Hodges
Director of Training & eLearning Initiatives
Longsight
wilma at longsight.com<mailto:wilma at longsight.com>
www.longsight.com<http://www.longsight.com>