[Building Sakai] Import BlackBoard Questions/Test Pools

Murphy, Kevin D kevin.d.murphy at cengage.com
Tue Mar 31 12:07:16 PDT 2015

Hello,

  I'm having some trouble getting our Demo version of Sakai 10.4 to accept content from BlackBoard 9.1.  I've exported the content directly from BlackBoard, exported it from outside BlackBoard as a BlackBoard format (Examview) and tried several different methods in Sakai but the content is simply not showing up.

>From what I understand the method I should be using is, once I'm in the desired project (site), I click on Site Info, Import from Archie File then locate the Bb archive file and import.  This does not produce an error per say but it is very fast (processing last only a few seconds) and there is nothing in the question pool in Sakai or anywhere else that I can find when it finishes.   The file is always a ZIP file.

  I also found the /components/import-pack/WEB-INF/component.xml file and uncommented out the BB6 lines and restarted the server but this had no effect.  I should mention that Sakai is using the internal DB for storage as well (as a blob).    Any ideas what I could be missing here?   Another Sakai admin at a school said "I might be missing a Blackboard import code" , though not sure what he's referring to.

Kevin D Murphy
Digital Product Analyst
Cengage Learning Technology Services
5191 Natorp Boulevard, Mason, OH 45040