[Building Sakai] Fwd: [Using Sakai] Documentation/example request for direct/grades/ REST endpoint

Kevin Shi kevin.shi at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Mar 19 11:54:33 PDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin Shi <kevin.shi at uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Building Sakai] [Using Sakai] Documentation/example request
for direct/grades/ REST endpoint
To: Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com>

Thank you for the reply Steve.

I made my request according to those params but I still seem to be seeing
an error in my logs "External service description, externalId, and title
must not be empty". It doesn't seem to be an immediate validation error,
this error seems to be thrown here:
https://github.com/sakaiproject/sakai/blob/4748f7d559deec0aec36daa14b465174279be3de/edu-services/gradebook-service/impl/src/java/org/sakaiproject/component/gradebook/GradebookExternalAssessmentServiceImpl.java#L172

This is odd because it seems like validation is performed earlier here as
well without an error being thrown:
https://github.com/sakaiproject/sakai/blob/master/gradebook/grades-rest/src/main/java/org/sakaiproject/gradebook/logic/ExternalLogic.java#L630-L639

The only thing that doesn't seem to have been validated before the point of
the error is the externalId.

Regards,
Kevin