[Building Sakai] broadcast message

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Mar 16 09:29:37 PDT 2015

Yeah, Michigan did Global Alert Messages
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/GAM/Home

You probably need this patch to run it though easily to include the
javascript, it's not in core. It also doesn't have a super obvious UI for
changing the configuration. (Basically involves placing a specially
formatted file in a special site's resources)

There's also an announcement web service our there (which I don't think was
ever contributed to core: SakaiAnnouncementsScript.jws) which could be used
by a script to push announcements to all course sites.