[Building Sakai] Trunk build broken

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 10 03:57:32 PDT 2015

On 9 March 2015 at 16:17, Matthew Jones <matthew at longsight.com> wrote:

> Okay this should be fixed after
> https://github.com/sakaiproject/sakai/pull/265
>
> I'm not sure why travis didn't notice it after the first run, it only
> failed after I actually merged it. ;) Maybe because it still had the old
> directories?

Yep, travis currently keeps the ~/.m2/repository between builds to speed
them up.  I think I saw about a 5 minute speed improvement in builds by
caching ~/.m2/repository, and it also increases the reliability of builds
as temporary networking failures in contacting repositories don't fail
builds as easily.

Possibly clearing out all SNAPSHOTS would allow us to keep the speed
increase but catch problems like this. But we'd need to add this cleanout
to the builds script.

The other alternative is just not to cache the ~/.m2/repository at all and
have slower builds again.

--
  Matthew Buckett, VLE Developer, IT Services, University of Oxford