[Building Sakai] Turnitin LTI launch

Brett Parker brparke1 at wsc.edu
Fri Mar 6 08:05:36 PST 2015

Greetings,

We have deployed Turnitin at our campus for testing and I deployed it following the instructions here: https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TII/Guide+to+installing+Turnitin+Content+Review+Service+0.7

I have heard rumors that Turnitin is moving towards an LTI launch (using Sakai External Tool?) and possibly discontinuing support for module installs like from the link above.  Can anyone tell me if this is true and what the timeline would be?  I have looked at our account on Turnitin's website but I don't see anything with LTI launch information (URL, key, secret)

I know there were sakai.properties settings added that had a URL and a secret key.  Perhaps this is an LTI launch just not using the External Tool witin Sakai?

Just looking for any clarification so we can plan implementation.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Brett Parker
Sakai 2.9.3
Debian