[Building Sakai] Add roster button missing

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 02:51:18 PST 2015

Hi Jim,

The ability to add rosters to a site is based on permissions.

Basically, the user's role that site needs to have site.add AND
site.add.course.
So if you go to Admin Workspace / Realms then find the
!site.template.course realm, and check the instructor role, are those
permissions checked?

I have made assumptions that the professors have the instructor role in the
site and that the realm for the site and the template are identical. Each
site has its own realm, which is copied at site creation time. If the
template looks ok, check the individual site realm by getting the site id
and searching for it.

Let us know if you need clarification and if that solved the issue.

regards,
Steve