[Building Sakai] Students getting extra points in Samigo

curtis van-osch curtis.van-osch at hec.ca
Fri Jan 30 11:31:52 PST 2015

Hello,
We’re experiencing a  strange bug in Samigo lately and I’m wondering if anyone has an idea what might be going on.

Several instructors are complaining that students have a higher score than the maximum allowed in their Quiz.  We’ve observed the problem in production, in both cases where students have been authorized retakes and with a single submission (but so far only in quizzes that are configured with 1 submission).  Nothing seems strange in the quiz settings.

These quizzes are selecting a certain number of questions (usually 10) from a pool, each worth 2 points.  One student for example got 10 points for one of the questions, giving her 28 on a quiz worth 20 points max.

On browsing the questions in the quiz (and the students’ responses), I noticed that the student in question somehow registered 5 correct answers for this question, and everyone else only has 1.  This student’s other questions all only have 1 answer and this student only submitted the quiz once.  I’ve attached a screenshot of what this looks like.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Should I create a Jira for this issue despite not being able to reproduce it?  I’ve personally seen at least 3 instances of this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Curtis.

--
[http://neumann.hec.ca/prodgraphique/prod/Courriel/Studio/HEC_149px.png]<http://www.hec.ca/>

Curtis Van Osch
Analyste-Programmeur
Service de développement de systèmes d'information

[hec.ca]<http://www.hec.ca/>

[Agréments]

3000, chemin de la Côte‑Sainte‑Catherine, Montréal (Québec) H3T 2A7
Téléphone : 514 340-6000, poste 2029

[recyclez]

Pensons à l'environnement
avant d'imprimer