[Building Sakai] Question on Github

Earle Nietzel enietzel at anisakai.com
Sat Jan 24 08:06:15 PST 2015

Hi Gao Jun,

While the using github some of the old rules we had may not comfortably fit
in the new github way of doing things.

When we were in subversion we definitely had more fine grained control over
permissions but this is not the case in github.

So please bare with us some minor things may need to change from the way we
were doing things with subversion.

Please know that you did the right thing by submitting a PR as it is
trivial for someone to merge now.

-earle

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 10:16 PM, Gao Jun <gaojun at fudan.edu.cn> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Recently, I finish translating Sakai to Chinese for 10.3. I plan to
> commit these translation to GitHub.
>
> I'm successful to make a 'pull request', and I cannot find the place to
> accept it in 'sakaiproject/sakai'.
>
> I had related privileges in the subversion repo before. But, it seems I
> haven't the privileges in GitHub.
>
> Is this a limitation of GitHub?
>
> Gao Jun

earle,