[Building Sakai] need to delay startup of quartz

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Tue Jan 20 10:15:24 PST 2015

> The bit that made it clearer for me was that there is a bean in
> samigo-services (deployed to /shared/lib) called
> org.sakaiproject.spring.SpringBeanLocator which stores a
> WebApplicationContext and only when the samigo webapp gets started
> does this get initialised
> (org.sakaiproject.tool.assessment.ui.servlet.StoreApplicationContext).
> SpringBeanLocator will NPE if it hasn't had a WebApplicationContext
> set.
>
> Out of interest what was the jobs that was throwing the error?

Most likely it is the auto-submit job run by Quartz:

  ./samigo-services/src/java/org/sakaiproject/tool/assessment/services/AutoSubmitAssessmentsJob.java

> Having a service depend on beans in the webapp indicates a bad
> separation of concerns.

Absolutely. I tried a bit yesterday to refactor, but there were so many
layers, I stopped.  If someone can walk me through a refactoring plan, I'm
happy to put in time.