[Building Sakai] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

nicholas bourgon nicholas.bourgon at hec.ca
Thu Jan 8 11:16:50 PST 2015

Hello,

I have a problem with my sakai environnement here. It crash sometime with this error : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread.

From what I read on the web I might need to increase that parameter : -XX:ThreadStackSize

Have you ever had that kind of problem?
Do you know how to fix or monitor java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread?
Do you think I should increase -XX:ThreadStackSize.

I’m on linux 64 bit with sakai2.9.1.

Thank you very much,
Nicholas