[Building Sakai] Adding data to LTI launch

Robert Long rlong at unicon.net
Thu Feb 19 09:31:08 PST 2015

All,

I was wondering how difficult / what the process is for adding dynamic custom data to an LTI tool launch?

For example, when launching this tool, I would need to:

1. Send a json object with the all of the sites in which the currently logged-in user is a member and their LTI role in each site.
2. Possibly send an additional custom role (other than learner and instructor), depending on certain criteria.

Any pointers on how to make this happen? I know I would need to write some custom code for #1, as nothing exists currently to retrieve this data, but how would I place that data into the launch configuration?

Thanks,
Bob

----
Robert Long