[Building Sakai] Please help with Sakai's Google Summer of Code 2015 application

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Thu Feb 19 06:11:50 PST 2015

Hello,

As you may know, Sakai (and OAE in a different form) participated in
the Google Summer of Code from 2008-2012. We applied in 2013, but were
rejected; no application was filed in 2014. Organizational
applications for 2015 are due at 1900 UTC, TOMORROW, 20 February.

Some interest in GSoC 2015 has been shown on the PMC list:

http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-pmc/2015-February/001062.html

but in order to have a viable organizational application, we need your
help (which should have been solicited earlier) with project ideas and
as mentor volunteers.

If you have an idea for a small project that could be accomplished by
a student over the summer, put it up on this page:

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/Google+Summer+of+Code+2015+ideas+list

Pretty much anyone who has been working on Sakai can be a mentor. You
can even work in groups of mentors. Check out the ideas lists for
previous years for inspiration.

Let me know if you have questions.

Seth