[Building Sakai] Wrong MIME type associated with PDF files uploaded in Resources

Mathieu Plourde mathieu at udel.edu
Thu Feb 12 13:32:25 PST 2015

Hi,

We are running Sakai 2.9.3, and multiple users have started reporting a bug
in Firefox that associates the wrong mime type to files and causes havoc at
our IT Support Center.

I found a couple of Jiras related to the issue, but those don't seem to
discuss Sakai 2.9.

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1278

We would like to avoid having to go down the route of asking users to
locate and delete their mimeTypes.rdf file, as the file might be hidden and
hard to find, so has anyone implemented a patch or backported the KNL-1278
for 2.9?

Mathieu
Mathieu Plourde, MBA, Ed.D. Candidate
Project Leader, LMS/Educational Technologist
IT Academic Technology Services
ats.udel.edu
mathieu at udel.edu
Office: 302-831-4060
bit.ly/mathplourde
|     Meet me at the Faculty Commons!      |
|            116 Pearson Hall              |
|          www.udel.edu/commons            |
IT Support Center: www.udel.edu/help
Sakai at UD: www.udel.edu/sakai
Canvas at UD: www.udel.edu/canvas