[Building Sakai] Course Management API provided instructor 'Add Roster' issue

Robert Long rlong at unicon.net
Mon Feb 9 09:11:31 PST 2015

All,

I am seeing a strange issue with instructors that are associated with sites via the CM API (specifically using sakora-csv to import).

On certain servers, the instrcutors that are associated with a site do not have the "Add Roster(s)" button in Site Info. If I manaully add them using "Add Participants" they can see the "Add Roster(s)" button. This only happens on specific servers however. This does not occur on every instance. For example, a production server displays this issue, but my local dev environment, with the exact same code, Tomcat and MySQL versions, etc. works correctly.

I have double-checked the realms, as well as the database tables and they appear to contain the exact same data as the correctly-functioning servers.

Any insight on where to go from here would be appreciated.

--Bob

----
Robert Long
Software Engineer