[Building Sakai] Database Error

Leon Vergottini leonv at cornerstone.ac.za
Wed Feb 4 02:02:37 PST 2015

Dear All

Yesterday an employee emailed me the above screenshot.

After having a quick peek in the database, I have come the only instance of
a "path" as a column within the lesson_builder_log table.  I have also
noticed that its properties is varchar with a maximum of 255 characters.
After running a select query just see how the table is being populated I
have noticed that being populated with various other ids.  Based on this I
am making the assumption that this column generates the current location of
where you are in the lesson (see screenshot below - its length is 168
characters).

If my assumption is correct, then I would like to ask the following
question:

1.       How does the Sakai database amalgamate the names to create the path
listing?  Does it add characters which might add to the overall length of
the string?

If my assumption is incorrect, what might cause the error in screenshot?

Kind Regards

Leon