[Building Sakai] Announcements tool ... the logic behind modified date ...

Kenwrick Chan kchan at hawaii.edu
Thu Apr 2 12:08:09 PDT 2015

Folks,
We had a couple of enrollment feed types issues so we only recently
upgraded to 2.9.3. Our faculty are having issues trying to work with the
"new" logic of "modified date" versus simply "date".  In the past it seemed
to sort based on date created combined with beginning date.  With the "new"
modified date a change to a previous post ripples it to the top, yes
because it's based on date last modified (rather than the old labeled
"Date").

This logic is confusing for our faculty and has generated a fair amount of
complaints.  I know there is only one date field in the table, would it
make more sense to have that populated with date created and/or beginning
date?

As we can see in 10.x that logic has stayed the same, so is it such that
perhaps our users are unique in complaining about this and in time it will
simply go away?  Is that the experience at your campuses?

-kenwrick