[Building Sakai] [Building Sakai App] Unable to inject dependencies from maven downloaded jars. Need help

sai kumar saijayanth_p at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 03:04:42 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am trying to build a new Spring app in Sakai, Added following maven dependency in pom.xml,

<dependency>
          <groupId>org.sakaiproject.metaobj</groupId>
          <artifactId>sakai-metaobj-tool-lib</artifactId>
          <version>${sakai.version}</version>
</dependency>

Jar file downloaded to maven local repository is "sakai-metaobj-tool-lib-11-SNAPSHOT.jar" and I have checked it has required classes packaged in it.

springapp-servlet.xml file:
<bean class="org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.SimpleUrlHandlerMapping">

<property name="interceptors">
         <list>
            <ref bean="org.sakaiproject.metaobj.shared.control.CheckForTimeout"/>
            <ref bean="org.springframework.web.servlet.HandlerInterceptor.SakaiStyleSheetInterceptor"/>
         </list>
 </property>
</bean>
While I try to run the app I get following exception:

SEVERE: StandardWrapper.Throwable
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.SimpleUrlHandlerMapping#0' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/springapp-servlet.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'org.sakaiproject.metaobj.shared.control.CheckForTimeout' while setting bean property 'interceptors' with key [1]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'org.sakaiproject.metaobj.shared.control.CheckForTimeout' is defined

Please help me resolve this issue, As this is a showstopper to my app development. I have seen similar kind of exceptions related to referencing bean.

Thanks with Regards,
P Sai Jayanth Kumar,
+91 9700705939.