[Building Sakai] Getting Sakai 10.1 into Eclipse environment

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Sep 25 06:33:44 PDT 2014

Nope, those instructions still work for me. Using Eclipse 3.8.1 on Ubuntu
with really just the Java Development Tools.  Typically I just import a the
specific tool I'm working with rather than the entire source. I've never
tried to get Eclipse to build the entire project from the top level, and
not sure if it can. So I kind of do a mix of command line and Eclipse. Do
the code editing and debugging in eclipse, and the mvn commands and
deployment on the command line.

So if you want to import gradebook (and maybe kernel) you run

mvn clean install (Build the entire project first)

Then go into the tool(s) you want in eclipse and run
mvn eclipse:clean
mvn eclipse:eclipse

and import those in eclipse (8)

And as long as you do step 5 and set your M2_REPO to the repository
location it works for me. I mostly use Eclipse for remote debugging and
working on bugs/features for one tool at a time.