[Building Sakai] SiteCache is not alive

ahmed adel abou.alseoud at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 02:46:20 PDT 2014

The first server run created about 306 tables while i'm deploying the full
features app. and after the first run i closed the server and started it
again, the remaining tables were created and the database reached 356
tables with no full initial data. The following is the catalina.out for the
second run

https://gist.github.com/harfalm/7f08bbc3b00d85345ca4

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 11:14 AM, ahmed adel <abou.alseoud at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have dropped mysql database and recreate it and started the server. The
> catalina.out is in the following link
> https://gist.github.com/harfalm/15c40359bca4e6af8fd3
>
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Sam Ottenhoff <ottenhoff at longsight.com>
> wrote:
>
>> You should provide your entire catalina.out logs instead of the small
>> snippet. I would post it to a third-party site like
>> https://gist.github.com/
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 3:37 AM, ahmed adel <abou.alseoud at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dears,
>>>
>>> I'm new to Sakai and trying to deploy version 10.1 using java 7 and
>>> tomcat 7.0.55 and MySql  Ver. 14.14 Distrib. 5.6.20. After successful build
>>> and deploy for Sakai project using maven, when i try to start tomcat
>>> server, the catalina log displays many exceptions thrown while server first
>>> run. Visiting the portal, throws the following exception
>>>
>>> WARN http-bio-8080-exec-2 org.sakaiproject.component.impl.SpringCompMgr
>>> - get(org.sakaiproject.citation.api.ConfigurationService):
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
>>> bean with name 'org.sakaiproject.citation.api.ConfigurationService' defined
>>> in class path resource [org/sakaiproject/citation/impl/citations.xml]:
>>> Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
>>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: The
>>> org.sakaiproject.site.impl.SiteCacheImpl.cache Cache is not alive