[Building Sakai] SCORM Cloud

Kobus Le Roux Kobus.LeRoux at nwu.ac.za
Wed Sep 17 03:39:52 PDT 2014

I know that there is such a thing as SCORM, and I know that it is suppose to be a standard for communication between content and the LMS - and that is about as much as I know of SCORM.

Let met try to explain our issue by describing what it is we are trying to accomplish.

We are using Sakai 2.9.1 with SCORM cloud integrated. Unfortunately SCORM cloud only integrates (it seems) with the Assignments tool which lets you store only one mark for a student for that particular assessment opportunity. There is a big need for the "integration" of multi-media content, created with Articulate storyline into our Sakai installation.

So we create SCORM packages in Storyline - the students than has to open it from within Sakai - work through the material and complete some assessments in the SCORM package.  All the scores for a particular assessment has to be stored however (students can complete a test more than once). In one of our courses the student has to get 80% or more before he/she is allowed to continue - but the lecturer wants to store the scores for all the tries.

We would also like to store some Learning Analytics type of data about the progress of students through the work.

Is there anybody else that use SCORM packages and SCORM cloud? Any ideas on where I can get more info on the whole topic of SCORM integration with Sakai?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Vriendelike groete / Kind Regards
Kobus
Kobus le Roux
Bestuurder: ITO
Akademiese Steundienste
Noordwes-Universiteit (Potchefstroomkampus)
Potchefstroom, 2520
(http://www.nwu.ac.za/)

Internasionale kode: +27 18
Tel: 018 299-2001 / Faks: 018 299-4423