[Building Sakai] Modifying Clog tool for Assessment

Myburgh, Francette FMyburgh at unisa.ac.za
Wed Sep 10 03:35:35 PDT 2014

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.
________________________________

Hello everyone

Just a heads up about some development work we are planning to do on the Clog tool. Your advice is welcomed.

For our fully online courses, academics have indicated that they want to use blogging for formal assessment purposes.
We have identified some gaps and issues with the current Clog tool that we need to address to support their assessment practices. Here are some of them:

1.       Timeout issues because of the large numbers of blogs that need to load on the first page of the tool
So we want to display only the titles on the first page. Users can then click on a title to open that specific title, with paging for the rest.

2.       Add the ability for closing the clog tool for editing (but not reading)

3.       Adding a marking interface and link the tool with the Gradebook

Our intended development work will result in a major change to the tool presentation.  Question:  is anyone else interested in using the Clog tool in this manner? Should we make these changes available as an adaptation of Clog or release a new tool altogether?

Regards
Francette Myburgh
UNISA