[Building Sakai] I/O Exception while building Sakai 10.1 (sakai-gradebook-api-ui)

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Sep 8 06:48:39 PDT 2014

Yeah, agreed, I've heard on the lists posts that it does *works* because
those artifacts can be found in other repositories, it usually just slows
it down on those parts since it can't get to those repos that are down.
Basically setting up those mirrors section to places that do work keeps it
moving along faster.

It looks like you can configure your connection timeouts in the
settings.xml too, I've never tried that. Not sure if the default is 6 or 10
seconds, but it does wait a little while each time.

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-http-settings.html#Connection_Timeouts