[Building Sakai] Sakai Mobile applications

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Sep 4 05:06:14 PDT 2014

There is no dedicated mobile ‘app’ however, there are a couple of options at your disposal

1/ use ……/portal/pda – this is a good interface for mobile devices, there are a few issues but in the main it works very well.

2/ write custom code using oAuth and Entity Broker. Entity Broker provides a JSON interface to most tools and we have a fully working oAuth implementation if it isn’t yet in Trunk.

The logic in providing a web service interface is that one can build an interface to Sakai within your “Institutional Mobile App” rather than there being a separate sakai App which isn’t integrated with anything else.

Adam
--

** Note change of email address to adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk<mailto:adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk> **

Dr A C Marshall, WebLearn Service Manager, University of Oxford.
IT Services, 13 Banbury Rd, Oxford. OX2 6NN.