[Building Sakai] extremely slow loading for home tool of the site

Bernardo bgarcia at pentec.es
Tue Oct 21 04:00:47 PDT 2014

We're experiencing this same issue in one of our environments. It is a 2.9.3
version with no changes running on a MYSQL. The behaviour is exactly the
same: that strange timeout happens only the first time, then everything's
fine.

I think the problem comes from sakai.iframe.site, but since the installation
is standard and never happened to me before I'm more prone to thinking it is
related to the machine.

I'll appreciate any thoughts on this matter.

Thanks and regards.

Is there anybody who fixed this issue?

We don't have this issue on our test instance, which have the same java and
tomcat binary codes. This happens only on the production instance.

When user clicks the site with the home page for the first time, there is no
log on access_log, and after a while, GET

/direct/session/current.json?auto=true&_=1407930848211 HTTP/1.1" 200 273 is
shown and then  "GET /portal/timeout?auto=true HTTP/1.1" 200 202  and then
"GET /portal/site/user_requested_siteID HTTP/1.1" 200 22994

When user clicks the same site for the second time, the log says  "GET

/portal/presence/user_requeted_siteID?output_fragment=yes&auto=true&_=140793
3607235

HTTP/1.1" 200 251

Looks like portal time out is called for the user's first time visit and
don't know why and I am wondering there is some experts who can tell what is
wrong with this procedure. User needs to wait to loading the home page at
least one minute or so. Thank you in advance.

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Sanghyun Jeon < <mailto:euksa99 at gmail.com>
euksa99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Once we upgrade sakai 2.8.x to sakai 2.9 and everything looks good.

> However, whenever we click the site for the first time, it is really

> slow to load the Home page of the site. All other tools are fast enough to
load.