[Building Sakai] Cleaning messages tables in database

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Fri Oct 17 06:01:33 PDT 2014

Hi everybody.

We are experiencing some slowness in Message Center tool. Taking a look
on database, our table mfr_pvt_msg_usr_t has about 4,5 millions of rows.

A simple query shows that a big percent of these messages are related to
old sites that don't exist anymore:

/select count(messageSurrogateKey) from mfr_pvt_msg_usr_t where
context_id not in (select site_id from sakai_site)//
/
I don't know if CONTEXT_ID field in MFR_PVT_MSG_USR_T table can be
related to any other entity apart from sites.

We would like to remove these rows and I wonder if somebody has
documented in the past how to do this or any possible issue that we
could find.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
--
Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de E-learning - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.