[Building Sakai] Notification preferences by default?

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Oct 6 06:12:58 PDT 2014

This is a dynamic bean and anything that implements the
UserNotificationPreferencesRegistration can appear as having notification
preferences. This is possibly why nothing is documented by default. Another
is that it's difficult to find these bean properties since there are so
many of them. If you run a setter on a bean that you don't have Sakai (like
if you don't have clog) you'll get a startup error and have to fix it.

There are a few properties that can be set on this, such as the default
value
In
kernel/api/src/main/java/org/sakaiproject/event/api/NotificationService.java

PREF_NONE = 0 (Default no preference)
PREF_IGNORE = 1 (Do not send me low priority)
PREF_DIGEST = 2 (Send me one email per day)
PREF_IMMEDIATE = 3 (Send me each notification separately)

So to change the content default you'd set (you could also change the xml
where it registers the bean)
defaultValue at org.sakaiproject.user.api.UserNotificationPreferencesRegistration.content
=2

In my trunk build here are the classes I found:
org.sakaiproject.clog.api.ClogUserNotificationPreferencesRegistration
org.sakaiproject.user.api.UserNotificationPreferencesRegistration.announcement
org.sakaiproject.user.api.UserNotificationPreferencesRegistration.content
org.sakaiproject.user.api.UserNotificationPreferencesRegistration.external
org.sakaiproject.user.api.UserNotificationPreferencesRegistration.mailarchive
org.sakaiproject.user.api.UserNotificationPreferencesRegistration.matrix
org.sakaiproject.user.api.UserNotificationPreferencesRegistrationService
org.sakaiproject.user.api.UserNotificationPreferencesRegistration.syllabus
org.sakaiproject.user.api.UserNotificationPreferencesRegistration.wizard