[Building Sakai] Sakai Web Services Plugin (sakai-axis)

Norton, Shane shane.norton1 at det.nsw.edu.au
Wed Oct 1 16:55:57 PDT 2014

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for your response. I entirely agree and was expecting the response of fix the LDAP issue as this indicates the risk of other issues.... Unfortunately this is all managed outside of our organisation and the response has been a flat out refusal to resolve this.

The "org.sakaiproject.user.api.UserDirectoryService.addUser" method seems to perform what I believe I am after. I am only concerned by having a null password passed to this method that this would allow login as an internal account. Potentially I could generate a uuid and set that as the password...

When I started building the Apache Axis plugin (jws) we were running Sakai 2.8. We are now running Sakai 10  and I have noticed that there is a sakai-ws running Apache CXF. I would like to also know if there are any plans to drop Apache Axis any future Sakai versions, and if so, what timeframe?

Regards,
Shane