[Building Sakai] software plagiarism plugin?

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Fri Nov 28 04:57:28 PST 2014

Thanks for the note and ideas.

Sakai has TurnItIn, but as far as I know they only do single document prose detection.

The thing I am specifically interested in is code plagiarism detection, which is a more complex problem for many reasons. Often assignments may involve a common boilerplate, which has to then be ignored, and also a hierarch of files in some package structure (~Java).

There are lots of papers on it, but not much for LMS integration. There is a new LMS specifically for Computer Science courses (Mimar: http://www.mimirplatform.com/ )which is new but focused on this area.

Best,
Gregory