[Building Sakai] Unable to run with Sakai code

Krishan Babbar krishan.babbar at paxcel.net
Thu Nov 27 04:20:19 PST 2014

Hi All,

I want to deploy and run Sakai project from Sakai source code.
I took checkout of “sakai-10.2” (SVN Version #: 315713).

I followed steps given at https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BOOT/Development+Environment+Setup+Walkthrough
After executing command “mvn clean install sakai:deploy”, all wars were copied/deployed to my apache tomcat. I am using “apache-tomcat-7.0.0”.
When I started my tomcat server, I found following errors in logs
- SEVERE: Error filterStart
- SEVERE: Error listenerStart

Then I followed steps given at http://steveswinsburg.wordpress.com/2011/04/07/sakai-runs-in-tomcat-7/ and restarted the server but still I am getting same errors and unable to access Sakai in browser.

Kindly help to resolve the issue and let me know in case you need further information of my environment/settings.

Regards,
Krishan