[Building Sakai] Why use XML in database?

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 02:01:59 PST 2014

Yes, it's a massive pain, it's a bunch of wasted processing overhead on
every request, and if anyone is doing it in Sakai nowadays I'll have a word
with them in a dark corner at the next conference.

That said though, I have written a bunch of SQL to extract the data out and
do stuff with it so if you want some SQL or PL/SQL, let me know what you
need and the SQL you currently have.

cheers,
Steve