[Building Sakai] Local compiles

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri Nov 21 11:20:48 PST 2014

Hi sakai-dev,

I did get things working finally with local compiles earlier in the week
(or so I recollect), but problems are back.

I did two things that solved my initial problem:

1) I went back to Java 7. I had started on Java 6, which no longer works on
trunk. I moved up to Java 7 but it didn't work because of path issues, sort
of a Mac thing , I think. Went up to Java 8, which does not work on sakai
trunk currently, but then realized it was probably the path thing. Then
went down to Java 7.

2) put export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home` in my bash profile, which
helped with that whole weird path thing.

But now, I am getting a familiar looking error that points to this:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

Here is my Apache / Maven versions:

Apache Maven 3.2.1 (ea8b2b07643dbb1b84b6d16e1f08391b666bc1e9;
2014-02-14T12:37:52-05:00)

Maven home: /opt/maven

Java home:
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_71.jdk/Contents/Home/jre

OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.9.5", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"

Any thoughts? I really get a lot out of running Sakai locally for QA
testing, so this is a bit frustrating.

Thanks,

Neal