[Building Sakai] sakai worksite setup

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Wed Nov 19 13:04:59 PST 2014

Hi Tdm (name? ;-) )

You must be logged on as admin/admin ?   If you log in as a non-admin user,
you will not see those options.

Sources of administrative documentation include a book on Sakai by Alan
Berg and Ian Dolphin [1]. Our Sakai wiki [2]  (though I'm not 100% sure how
up to date this is). There is also Google, of course :-) and group email
archives (and gmane.com and nabble.com makes searching email archives a bit
easier).

Plus, I'm sure you will be thankful that the Sakai documentation group has
started work on administrative documentation! This is far from complete but
we have a nice start on an outline (volunteers welcome!) [3].

[1] Sakai CLE Courseware Management book -
http://www.amazon.com/Sakai-CLE-Courseware-Management-Experience/dp/1849515425/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1416430539&sr=1-3&keywords=sakai
 (I'm not endorsing Amazon.com, just pointing to a place you can learn
about the book.)

[2] Sakai Wiki -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+Admin+Guide+-+Full
 (please note, you might have to search around Confluence to find what you
need. Lots of information, but not always easy to find :-(  .

[3] Sakai online help documentation (in progress)-
http://sakai.screenstepslive.com/s/5276/m/13946

I hope that is not too overwhelming, but you've got to start somewhere.  :-)

Cheers,
Neal