[Building Sakai] Sakai 10.3 pre-RC testing

alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma
Tue Nov 11 10:56:24 PST 2014

Hello,

I see that the SAK-26158 is not yet included in Trunk. I hope you find some time
and resources to consider it.

SAK-26158 is related to Checking Email duplication system
wide.

Thank you.

Yours,
Alaa

> Hi all,
>
> Sakai 10.3 pre-RC testing is going great, but that doesn't mean we couldn't
> use
your help, we could!

> We are in the middle of testing. I am working on a
Confluence page but in
> the meantime, since this pre-RC (release candidate) testing is
pretty
> straight-forward, thought I would update you on testing status and needs
> (and a google doc to jump in and help).
>
> We need testing of Jiras that
have been merged into trunk [1] and need to
> be verified before going into the 10.x
branch. I've created a spreadsheet
> [2] .
>
> On my spreadsheet [2],
I've reflected triage I did on the issues. My triage
> includes
>
> *
Guessing whether a functional QA person or a Developer is necessary to
> test.
> *
Whether I could discern that a Test Plan exists (either in Test Plan
> field, Description
or Comments (worst place to put a Test Plan! get buried
> within other comments too
easily)
> *  Whether there is a question about merging. Several different issues here
> including
>         - should it be targeted for 10.3 or not
>         -
questions if the issue looks tested but has not had the Tested
> button pressed.

        - other

> FYI - we just are in the middle of having a thread about
Jiras that relate
> to Assignments with Anonymous grading [3].
>
> Please
help test some Jiras [2].

> Quick stats:
> * 92 issues already merged
for 10.3 ! (Thanks Earle!)
> * 30 issues (approximately) in the queue for testing before
being merged
> * About 1/3 of the issues have "Test Plans"
> * About 2/3
of the issues seem like they need a Developer (i.e. someone
> with more advanced skills
than an average QA tester)

> [1] Nightly servers (trunk and trunk
experimental can be used) -