[Building Sakai] Remove Axis Web services from Sakai

Alaa NIZAR alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma
Mon Nov 3 12:41:27 PST 2014

Hi Neal,

At IIHEM, we are using the web services to add new users, to add them to sites, to remove old ones, to change passwords, ...etc.

I am not sure what web services you are referring to, but we are using the web services via perl-soap.

Web services, through all this years, are of a great help to us.

Thank you for letting them working or provide a viable alternative.

Yours,
Alaa

Sent from Samsung Mobile.

Before I send out a formal proposal for this, I am hoping to get some sakai-dev input.

We are planning to remove Axis Web services [1]  from Sakai. The preferred Web Services are CXF/REST [2] .

What do you think?

[1] Remove Axis - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-28043

[2] CXF - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-25678

Thanks!