[Building Sakai] Announcements tool in My Workspace Sorting issue on Sakai 2.9.3

Sanghyun Jeon euksa99 at gmail.com
Tue May 13 09:18:17 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I've not heard back from anybody but I found SAK-22667 and Savitha said

"I verified, that the announcements in Sakai-2.8 for User's Workspace is
ordered by date. Maintaining that, I have made changes so that
announcements in User's MyWorkspace always order by date, and not be
affected by site's reordering."

SortedIterator sortedMessageIterator; //For Announcement in User's
MyWorkspace, the sort order for announcement is by date SAK-22667 if
(isOnWorkspaceTab()){ sortedMessageIterator = new
SortedIterator(messageList.iterator(), new
AnnouncementComparator(SORT_DATE, state.getCurrentSortAsc())); } else
{sortedMessageIterator = new SortedIterator(messageList.iterator(),
new
AnnouncementComparator(state .getCurrentSortedBy(),
state.getCurrentSortAsc())); }

However, the announcements of My Workspace in sakai 2.8.x are in
alphabetical order when we click the titles under "Subject" or "name" under
"Saved by". I am wondering whether this is sakai 2.9.3 thing or simply a
regression.
Please let me know and thank you.