[Building Sakai] User pre-caching and clustering

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Fri May 9 06:55:07 PDT 2014

Also, this was mentioned in another thread re LDAP, but what settings do
you currently have on your UserDirectoryService.callCache?  By default,
user information is cached for 5 minutes.  That is an incredibly low number
especially if your LDAP info rarely changes.

If you LDAP info changes very little, I recommend caching user information
for one day instead of 5 minutes:

memory.org.sakaiproject.user.api.UserDirectoryService=maxElementsInMemory=100000,timeToLiveSeconds=86400,timeToIdleSeconds=0