[Building Sakai] Error on Export from Lesson tool

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Wed May 7 12:43:06 PDT 2014

What is the line of code? Here’s the region:

          for (ForumItem item: items) {

            ret.add(item.id);

x           List<ForumAttachment> attachments = item.attachments;
            for (ForumAttachment attach: attachments) {
                // this code is to identify attachments that aren't in the normal
                // site resources. In that case we have to make a copy of it
                String url = null;

In my copy, line 219 is what I’ve marked with an X. I don’t see how it could be null, since ret.add(item.id) would fail. But if the line numbers are off, for the For statement is failing then you want to add an if

            ret.add(item.id);

            List<ForumAttachment> attachments = item.attachments;
            if (attachments != null)