[Building Sakai] gradebook2 and assignment errors

Sanghyun Jeon euksa99 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 11:43:51 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I have an issue: users get logged out on GB2 and Assignment and I attach
our system info and error description in this email. Hope anybody shed some
light on this issue and thank you.

System info: jdk1.7.0_40; tomcat 7.0.42; maven 3.1.0; mysql 5.5.34
Sakai 2.9.3-all
gradebook2 1.9.0

1) Apply the irubric patch on gradebook2 and assignment
2) enter the site as instructor and click gradebook2
3) click the irubric link in GB2 the first time, it works fine. However,
when user clicks the link the second time, it throws "null null null The
permission settings for your user role do not give you access to this
gradebook Please contact your site administrator for more information" Also
, the user gets logged out a few minutes after this error occurs. The the
null permission error occurs, I get the following warning from our Tomcat
server:
[WARN] org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.DefaultAddResource:363 -
MyFaces special javascript could not be retrieved from request-map

Assignment has a similar behavior and tomcat generates the same warning
above.