[Building Sakai] Further rewrites for Subversion "commit detail" URLs

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Sun May 4 14:16:04 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Neal Caidin <neal.caidin at apereo.org> wrote:

> I think I get a sense of what you are saying. Could you add some details about the workflow? Are you going directly
> to the viewsvn program ? When I go through the Subversion tab in Jira I get something that seems a bit simpler (enclosed
> screenshot).

The ViewVC program is no longer used (replaced by WebSVN), but its URL
formats live on in e-mail messages and the Jira "Subversion" tab. Wush
is rewriting these URLs at our request, but I think they need to be
modified so that the rewritten URLs show the same information.

More specifically, when a commit is made, an e-mail message is
generated to source at collab.sakaiproject.org (using a Subversion
post-commit hook) with a ViewVC-formatted link that used to show the
details of the commit (person making commit, log, list of affected
files, etc.). Now, when you click on the provide ViewVC-style link,
you are taken to a directory listing of the entire repo at the
specified revision and you need to click on "Last modification" to get
all the data.

There is similar behavior in the the Jira "Subversion" tab: The
individual file links work fine (that's what you screenshot shows) but
clicking on the revision number just leads you to a directory listing
as described above.

My proposal would change the Apache rewrite for the  ViewVC-formatted
link to lead you directly to the "Last modification" page for the
commit instead of the directory listing.

Seth